Monday, July 31, 2006

7 Days in Counting

"It's the most wonderful time of the year..." As the classic goes! That's right parents, you know what I'm talking about, the first day of SCHOOL. I realize the excitment level varies in household and according to child. However, in this house it's your traditional "Norman Rockwell First Day". Ahhh, the clothes, the crayons, rulers, lunch boxes, the endless search for the perfect back pack that is sure to send my 37lb. 5yr. old over onto his back with his arms and legs flailing in the air because the thing weighs more than he does, and my favorite, the most prefectly pointed sharpened pencil not yet dulled by the first stroke. LOVE IT.

My kids are excited too. One is going into 2nd and the other in kindergarten. This will be my "break" year. Or maybe my "get ready" year. Or my "grow" year. You see, both of the children will be in school all day for the first time. Pretty big milestone for all involved. I have one year until our next little girl comes home from China. My plan is to take a break from the "bussy-ness" of life, get ready and organized for the new one to come and finally but most importantly growing in my relationship with Christ (
without whom I can do nothing).

So if you will excuse me, I believe I hear that wonderful sound of squeaky breaks and screaming children calling me to the front porch with my arm out streched in a "Hey, don't you pass this house buddy!", oh no, wait that's "Have a good day Sweetie!". I must go prepare for the school year of 2006-2007!

HAPPY FIRST DAY!!! (in 7 days)
Cathy


2 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how quiet it will be (until about 3:00).

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee heee Just think, on Monday and Wednesday mornings, we can have coffee and talk and not worry about who has to go potty (Us, from too much laughing!!) or who is knocking over which lamp or who just hit who with what. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I can hardly wait!

~Shawna Lee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home