Thursday, July 27, 2006

We Are DTC!

That's right, our dossier is on it's way to China in the next few days! It has "only" taken us 7 months. I, of course thought it was only going to take us 3-4 months to gather all this paperwork! Anyway, it's all good! For those of you not quite as familiar with the adoption process here is a quick break down:
Phase 1-Paperwork
Phase 2-The Waiting/Referal
Phase 3-Travel
So we have now entered the waiting phase. This is a good time (the adoption ring says) to find a project to do, connect with other adoptive partents at the same phase, find anything to keep your mind off how long you've been waiting and not drive yourself crazy. It is so hard to guess from beginnig to end how long all of the phases take. I have been telling everyone "Oh, about a year from now we hope to be traveling to bring her home." Well, that was 7 months ago and I am still saying the same thing! When you are in the hands of not only your own government but China's you learn to "roll with it". Now we just hope to have here home in the year 2007! That would be nice. But, God had all this planned before me!
Blog must be another word for ramble! I guess I will stop blogging/rambling now.
Cathy

2 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 
At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home